Changing Thousands of Lives
BY LIFTING UP ONE CHILD,
WE LIFT UP A FAMILY.
BY LIFTING UP MANY CHILDREN,
WE LIFT MANY FAMILIES.
BY LIFTING MANY FAMILIES,
WE LIFT A COMMUNITY.
BY LIFTING MANY COMMUNITIES,
WE LIFT OUR ENTIRE STATE,
OUR NATION, AND OURSELVES.
Why The BASIC Fund?
Each year our program supports thousands of students in hundreds of schools throughout the Bay Area. Currently, we have over 4,000 students in nearly 300 schools.
Six factors set The BASIC Fund apart from other programs designed to improve well-being of under-served children.
- Immediacy. The BASIC Fund is a program that works, and it’s working now. There are thousands of empty seats in private and parochial schools in the Bay Area. We can fill them, today!
- Alignment. Parents place a high priority on their children’s education. Each family contributes at least $500 to their children’s education. Parental involvement has proven to be a key factor in a child’s academic success.
- Stability. We are committed to becoming long-term partners with our families. In addition to providing the continuity of a kindergarten-through-8th-grade education, The BASIC Fund empowers families by offering a choice of schools as well as scholarships to all siblings, keeping families together.
- Effectiveness and Efficiency. 100% of funds raised are immediately translated into scholarships that put children in private and parochial school seats. All administration costs are covered by our Directors.
- Reach. The most important difference is the breadth of our program. We provide scholarship assistance to each family that will partner with us, and the thousands of families in our program lift entire communities.
- Equitable. Our scholarships are awarded based on a family’s need – not grades, test scores, or a lottery outcome.
Where BASIC Fund Program Graduates Are Now:
95% Become High School Graduates
65% Attend Excellent Private Bay Area High Schools
35-30% Attend Highly Rated District & Charter High Schools
Alumni High Schools
Archbishop Riordan, Arroyo HS, The Bay School, Bellarmine College Preparatory, Bishop O’Dowd, Carondelet, Eastside Preparatory, Galileo HS, Gateway High School, Immaculate Conception Academy (ICA), KIPP King Collegiate, KIPP San Jose Collegiate, Lick-Wilmerding, Lincoln HS, Lowell HS, Mercy HS, Marin Academy, Moreau Catholic HS, Notre Dame, Oakland School of the Arts, Sacred Heart Cathedral Prep, St. Elizabeth HS, St. Francis, St. Ignatius, Stuart Hall, and many more!
Alumni Colleges & Universities
Amherst College, Bennington College, Brown University, Columbia University, Duke University, Emory University, Howard University, Hunter College, Ithaca College, Lewis & Clark College, Loyola University New Orleans, Mills College, New York University, Oregon State University, San Francisco State University, Spelman College, Stanford University, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UCLA, UC Santa Barbara, University of San Francisco, University of Southern California, Wesleyan University, Yale University, and many more!